Sunday, October 12, 2008

What are people thinking?

I went to the dr. this morning and had another u/s and blood draw. There was one good egg (18mm) and a lot of small. He couldn't see the other one that was big but the screen was fuzzy so it should be there somewhere. I will find out my E2 results tomorrow. He said I am getting close, usually eggs get to about 22mm. I will go in tomorrow morning, for the 6th and hopefully final u/s and blood draw. He thinks we will do the IUI Tuesday and Wednesday. They usually do 2 days in a row.
On another note, the nurse was a bit of a ding bat. When you work in the infertility clinic you would think you are very sensitive to your patients. People can be very upset when they are in there. Well, this lady wasn't so sensitive. She was very friendly, asking what our plans were for the weekend etc. Then she comes in the room and says "these are our latest miricles". She shows us a picture of her daughters new born twins. Since she called them miricles and they were twins, I know all babies are but IF ones I feel are a little bit more, I assumed her daughter had trouble. Yes, they were cute like I think all babies are. I asked her if they had trouble and she said no. She then went on to say she has 6 kids and 17 grandkids. Her some is just so fertile he has 8 of his own. Blah Blah Blah. Seriously, I could see the look on DH's face and knew he was thinking the same thing. After she walked out I said "way to make us feel like crap", he totally agreed. Why would you do that? She knew why we were there, we have done 4 failed IUI's and now were on our 5th with a new drug. That is really dumb on her part. I usually don't see her during the week so that is good.

No comments: