Friday, October 3, 2008

Infertility can get you out of a ticket

Today I was on my way to get a blood draw. I was down the street when a motorcycle cop pulled me over. Usually when you get pulled over they ask you why you think you were pulled over and where you were heading. I knew I wasn't speeding so the only thing I could think of was registration.
Let me back up alittle. DH bought a car and we are trying to sell his truck. It has been sitting in the drive way for a couple of months. Last week we needed it for some work we had to do so we renewed insurance on it to drive it. The last couple of weeks my car has felt funny. I needed 4 tires replace and we only got 2 a couple of months ago so I figured the other 2 were ready to be replaced. I thought since we are paying for IUI I would drive the truck for a couple of weeks.

I was right about the expired tags. I was thinking to myself if he asks where I was going should I say the med center? for a blood draw? to a dr. appointment? or would he be sympathetic to fertility treatment? I decided to tell him fertility treatments and that is why we can't afford new tires for my car and registration. Unfortunately he didn't ask! Boooo. He was actually really nice and I explained we were trying to sell it. He gave me a fix it ticket. He asked for my insurance but I couldn't find it, I don't think the new card was in the car yet. He asked for an old one, couldn't find that, DH keeps all kinds of crap in the car. He asked me if I was telling the truth and I said yes. Then I found an old one. He said I looked honest and he wouldn't fine me or write a fix it ticket for that.
I guess it is $900 if you don't have insurance. I would have lost it then and said "Please don't do that we are trying to have a baby, that could by 3 boxes of Gonal f". It is funny that everything I do now makes me think what I can do for that.
There is a vitamin B study where I work and I thought hmmm....it pays $250 that would buy 1/2 an ultrasound. Weird I know! I am just waiting now to hear from the nurse my lab results so I know how much GF I need to shoot myself with tonight.

No comments: