Sunday, October 5, 2008

5 little eggs

On Friday my E2 or estradial was 169. This tells where the eggs are at in development. Because it was high, should be around 100, they reduced my meds to 75IU. This morning I went to get an ultra sound and another E2 test. I was a little surprised when the doctor came in and it wasn't my doctor or even the one I see sometimes on the weekend. He didn't even introduce himself. Oh well. I have 5 follicles right now. One on the right and 4 on the left. I was a little surprised that I only had 5 I thought I would have like 7. There are 3 that look promising all on the left. This means my left side is gonna hurt!
Since I only had 5 and my E2 was high they bumped up my meds back up to 150IU. They will give me the E2 results tomorrow which may change my meds again. The bad news is my E2 levels shouldn't be this high with only 5 follicles. A couple of years ago I had an FSH level test which test the quality and ovarian reserve of your eggs. It was 13.5 at my age it should be under 10. They didn't seem to concerned with it but it has been in the back of my mind. I just looked up the E2 level and found that it goes back to having a low ovarian reserve. This makes me sad. It is not that I can't ever have a baby but my chances get lower and lower as time goes by because of my eggs. After FSH reaches 16 then it gets worse so I have a little time. This is all my research and the doctor really doesn't mention it but I am going to ask about it in a few days. They said I will probably go back on Tuesday or Wednesday for another ultra sound and E2.
The shots are going well. The only thing is I am bruising. I have 4 tiny burses on my stomach. The one from last night looks the worst. I was thinking about making a pattern, maybe a heart or smiley face =) I had to do enough shots to make a smiley face on each side. This is totally weird but I think it would lighten the mood.

No comments: