Saturday, October 11, 2008

Not enough

So today wasn't bad. I got to do some shopping in the morning, take a nap, then go to a one year old's birthday party. I knew I wouldn't be home in time to give myself a shot so we decided to pack a cooler and do it there. I was feeling a little sorry for myself when we got there and there was a 3 week old baby, the one year old, and a 2 year old. Luckily the one year old makes me smile so I just played with him. After the festivities it was time for the shot. I decided instead of bringing it into the house and going to the bathroom I would just do it in the car. DH came out to check on me but I didn't want him there just in case someone came out. I got the stuff ready; by the way I was very pleased at how well the meds stayed cool, maybe it was that I put 3 ice packs in. I pulled the syringe back and it looked a little funny. I thought maybe I should check and squirt out a little just in case. I did and there was nothing in there. Good thing I checked. I did it again, still didn't look right so I checked, nothing in there. I was getting worried so I jabbed it in the bottle one more time and saw the needle going through and bubbles came, what a relief. Then I realized I was 37IU short! Uh oh. DH said why don't you bring the new bottle just in case. No, we will be fine. Well we weren't. I gave my self the shot, by the way did I mention I felt like a heroin addict shooting up drugs in my car. I went in to tell DH that we were short. I was really nervous. He said when we got home to do the rest. Well of course I wanted to leave right then. He wanted to stay a little until everyone left. I sat there and stared at the clock worrying the entire time. Then just as people were leaving and we were really able to chat with the people we new I was ready to bolt. I felt so horrible but I told DH we had to go. He didn't want to but didn't question me, he knew why. I felt bad the whole way home and was nervous we screwed up. We came in and opened a new bottle. We were trying to hurry and of course we weren't careful and got it every where. I got the second shot but looked at it and said "there goes $100. Lets hope it works. Tomorrow I have another dr. appointment. I am really starting to hurt and get bloated and have 3 nice bruises.

No comments: