Saturday, October 18, 2008

Coffee is not worth it.

I am a total coffee addict. Now that I am waiting to see if I am prego I have to cut back to 1 cup of decaf a day. I usually do one or so cups of regular. This has happened to me so many times that I am starting to drink decaf on a regular basis more often. On the weekends I usually make it at home and during the week go to Pete's or Starbucks. I made some this morning but only had regular, so I drank just a little. I went to the grocery store and saw the coffee section. I thought I should buy decaf for the weekends. I found the usual small container of Folgers that I love. I looked at the price and saw it was over $6. Wow, it used to be about $4. I stood there and contemplated....umm should I do it? Then I looked at other brands and they were all about the same. I keep standing there staring thinking we just spent so much money on treatment I really need to watch my pennies. Then I started thinking about how bad the economy is and this really made me notice how things went up in price. Finally I decided I could just drink some tea tomorrow and that will do it. Now I am thinking about the $1.55 I spend every morning for my cup of decaf or regular. If I go back and buy the $6 decaf and make it every morning I am sure it will last me at least 2 weeks which in the end will be cheaper. It is funny how your mind works. I won't pay $6 for a large on but I will pay $1.55 everyday.

No comments: