Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Dismantling a Bomb

I did it!! or shall I say WE did it. The first shot of Gonal f was successful. It didn't really hurt which is good and by the 12th time I do it I'm sure it will be cake. After we finished I felt a little like we just dismantled a bomb in the movies. We got out the meds and I pulled out the directions. DH prepared the meds and I started reading. First do this and I would watch as he so carefully did what I said. Next do that, again he was so careful and waited until I finished to start on each step. It was as though I was saying "first cross the blue wire over the red etc.." Then it was my turn. He handed over the needle as though it was a precious bomb that could go off at anytime. I pinched my skin and as I was shaking I counted down 3,2,1 and jabbed it in. DH watched from the side as I counted slowly to 5 then pulled it out. We both made a sigh of relief and we were done. We smiled and I said " same time tomorrow".
I feel like we just accomplished something great as a team and hope that each night that same feeling will come. Let's hope that the bomb doesn't go off and we save the world, or just have a baby.

No comments: