Tuesday, June 22, 2010

They are out of me

Today was my retrieval. I couldn't sleep last night. I was nervous and uncomfortable. I keep waking up early in the morning thinking about how I couldn't eat anything and I all I wanted to do was eat. Weird.

Any way. Everything went well. It felt like such a routine to me. The nurses asked how I was feeling about everything and I told them it was like second nature. Maybe that is why it works the second time for so many, you are not as stressed. The anesthesiologist asked me if she knew me. I told her yes you did this last time and obviously it didn't work because I am back. She felt bad, not sure why I know I am not the first to be back.

They retrieved 19 eggs! That is great. I sleep all day and woke up at 6pm with still no call from the embryologist. I knew something must not have gone right because I was expecting a call by 4 or 5 at the latest. She said 11 were mature, 6 slightly mature and 2 very immature. She waited all day to see if any would mature. I am so thankful for her dedication!! They were able to ICSI 16. That is a great number I am very happy.

I will continue resting and wait until tomorrow to see how many fertiliezed. I also started the dread PIO shots. Ouch!

2 comments:

Wanna Bee said...

16 looking good enough to ICSI is darn good! enjoy your rest tonight.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.