Monday, June 7, 2010

Jumping over bumps in the road

I am now a week into Lupron shots. It has become so routine that I almost forget to do them. I wake up do a little poke and move on with my day. I will start stimming on Wednesday. That will be when I definitely know something is going on!

There have been a few bumps in the road this week. To start, I still don't have my meds. Nice... I got a call today from the pharmacy but missed it so I can't call till tomorrow which means they will hopefully get delivered on Wednesday. I need them Wednesday night. Last week I found out I got laid off 50% of my job. Another...NICE... I have options and now I am feeling okay but at the time I shed a few tears. It really had nothing to do with the lay off it was the fact that 1) I am on hormones so anything can set me off 2) I will have to get my resume, letters of rec and application together for another job 3) I was afraid they would be interviewing while I had retrieval or transfer. I have been reassured it all won't happen till after all that. Now when I am on bed rest I will have an activity, updating my resume. The timing is just really bad.

On a good note I have really been enjoying the outdoors. I have been hiking a lot lately. Something about being out in God's beautiful creation brings me peace. I feel a great sense of accomplishment when I finish a hike and I am reminded that God is in control and will lead me where he wants me to go. I also took up running. I ran my first 5K yesterday. Seriously, I didn't think I would ever be able to do anything like that. When I was running the last mile I wanted to cry! I keep thanking God for giving me the strength to do it and I felt like I had finally accomplished one of my goals. It was amazing. It also has been a great distraction. I want to continue with this and do more. I will need to take a little break but hope to continue. We have all these "if I am not pregnant" plans for the summer. I feel if it doesn't work I will live life to the fullest and continue to work toward goals. Some of the things include white water rafting, more hiking including 1/2 dome, a trip to Mexico and maybe a 10K.

No comments: