Friday, June 18, 2010

Attack of the killer eggs

Yesterday I had my CD 9 ultra sound. I woke up a little anxious and feeling a little something going on mostly on my right side. The doctor started to take a look and all I could see on my right side was a giant egg! Giant in egg or shall I say follicle land is 36X22 mm. That may not seem that big but when you usually produce 1 egg a month and it should be about 18-22mm at time of ovulation that is a monster! It is taking over my right side. My RE told me most likely it is abnormal, ya think, and will be aspirated so it doesn't stick around after this cycle.

Did I also mention there are 22 eggs in me right now!!! Again, 1 egg is normal so 22 is a huge number. Last cycle I had 16 at retrieval. This is what the RE was looking for. With this many there is most likely going to be a few to freeze and hopefully 1 will stick. Today I am feeling pretty uncomfortable and having difficult time sitting in my chair. My lower back is aching so I don't know how long I will last.

Sunday I go back for another ultra sound and confirm my retrieval date.

No comments: