Friday, November 21, 2008

Not what I wanted to hear

I went to the dr. yesterday. I have been anxiously awaiting this visit. I don't know what I want to hear anymore. The first thing he said when we walked in was "Do you want to talk about IVF". This was a little bit shocking. Before he keep saying we were far away from it. After this last treatment I guess we are closer. We reviewed everything that we had done and the little things that are coming up. He said we can do another round of IUI with Gonal f but he would up the dose. He wanted to see 4 or 5 mature eggs and I got only 2 maybe 3. This was still good but not what he was expecting. We can also jump right into IVF. Wow! Although I was pushing for it earlier this year I felt that it was my decision. When the dr. tells you that things are not working and this is better it is like a slap in the face. The scary thing is that we may only have one shot and then that is it!
I talked to him about Celiac disease and how it causes premature menopause, what I have. He was very interested and wanted me to keep looking into it. We decided to do another IUI after Christmas and if it doesn't work we will start saving for IVF. I had a good cry and I am ready for the battle to begin again.

No comments: