Monday, November 10, 2008

God has good plans for us

I have been teaching Sunday school in the 2 year old class for the last 3 months. It is a lot of fun. I find myself learning each week just like the kids. This week was very close to me. I read the story of Abram and Sarai. They had everything you could ever ask for. A great marriage, a good flock of sheep, large land that was great for food and their sheep. The only thing they were missing was a family. They were both older and weren't sure why they haven't had any kids yet. Abram thanked God for all he had but asked why no children. God told him to look at the stars in the sky and said that his family will be as great as all those stars. This meant he will have children, grandchildren, great grandchildren etc. He told him that he has a plan for him.

We had the kids say many times through out the lesson " God has good plans for us". Every time I said it with them it made me think of my family plans. My family keep telling me God has a plan for DH and I but it is becoming redundant. I agree with them but the more it is said the more I am like, yeah I know. After reading this story it renewed my faith that we will have a family some day. I have everything I need right now and have to wait for the next step.

No comments: