Monday, December 14, 2009

The painful part is over....I think

After eating a huge meal on Saturday night, couldn't eat after 11:30pm until after retrieval, I actually sleep pretty well. We headed off to retrieval where I only had a to wait 20 minutes. They got me set and I was was surprisingly very calm. I have been asking God to keep me calm and not to be anxious. I know that no matter how I feel that will not change His will.
Everything went pretty smooth. When I woke up from my little nap I couldn't figure out where I was so I started crying! haha. I was so confused and my stomach hurt. Then I realized what happened and started laughing telling the nurses, "sorry, I forgot what was going on". They were all very sweet to me. Not too long after I was out the door. I asked them when I would learn how to do the PIO shot and they said they already showed DH. My first reaction was ummm....can you show me too? The only thing was I wasn't completely with it to share my thoughts so we headed home. We stopped at Togo's to get soup and sandwiches. It was the best lunch ever! After not eating all day I was famished.

I spent the day resting. I had really bad cramping and could not get comfortable. No matter how I sat it hurt. I would stand and walk around until that hurt then sit and repeat. Then came time for the PIO shot. I started out icing, did I mention they drew circles on my hinnie so DH knew where to aim? I wanted to make sure it was nice and numb. Then we got the stuff. Both of us were so nervous. I asked him what to do and he wasn't totally sure. Of course it made me mad! He was supposed to know they showed him not me. He calmed down and we figured it out. The only problem was there were two needles. One much larger than the other. I assumed that the smaller one was to inject. I got on the bed and we both laughed and said we were afraid. DH didn't want to do it but I told him to get over it because he had too. He jabbed it in and it actually didn't hurt that bad. Then he noticed that the oil was coming out and there was no bump. It seemed like it went too fast. I thought it really wasn't bad...hmmmm.. is that okay? So we sat there wondering if we did it right. I decided after 45minutes of stewing and worrying I would Google it, gotta love the Google Gods. Yep, we used the wrong needle!

We were now both freaked out. DH said we should page the RE but I wasn't sure so I made him do it. 30 minutes later he didn't call back so we did it again. He still didn't call back, luckily we were not dying! So all night we sat there starring wondering if we messed up big time. Finally we went to bed. I had my first bout of being a worried mother. I thought about my little embies all night. Were they being taken good care of? Were they warm and cozy? I was in a lot of pain all night but woke up feeling pretty good.

I was able to call the nurse this morning and she said it was okay that we used the wrong needle but to make sure we did the right one tonight. I also have 2 estrogen patches on my belly. It looks like someone is drawing all over me. We have to right the date on the patches so I know when to change them, I have 2 big circles on me and a band aid from the shot.

Here is the results from my eggs
16 retrieved
13 mature for ICSI
9 fertilized (2PN)
3 not sure need to wait until Wednesday
1 black (didn't make it)

I think things are looking good. Now I just have to continue to be calm and wait for transfer.

No comments: