Tuesday, November 17, 2009

not sure what to title this

Today was a busy day. I got blood work done, after trying to figure out if I "could" via my insurance. Why should they decide? It is really sad that things can't be easier with insurance but I guess I am thankful I have any. We also went to our nurse class. It was odd that there were 5 other couples in there. Usually we all sit in the waiting area wondering what the other is in for and who of the 2 is "broken", but this time I knew we were all doing IVF this month and even learned a little about their meds and past experiences. We were all pretty quite and looking scared, at least I wasn't alone.
The "presentation" was nothing new. I already knew how the process worked, what to expect during each step, etc. The one thing I really liked was the nurse went over the side effects of all the drugs, even your emotional state. She told the guys to be nice to us and supportive when we are crazy and not feeling well. I am glad that I did not have to tell DH. Pretty much I will be having hot flashes, bloating, nausea, and headache for most of the med...grrrreat. There were a couple of points in time where I had to use all my inner strength to hold it together. She talked about D day and what would happen if it worked. I almost lost it when she said we would hear a heart beat, I thought of around the time it would be. Then she moved on to if it didn't work, I almost lost it again. What will I do if it doesn't? I was at the front so I could not even try to dry my eyes. It was rough.
After the class I called to get my drugs. They told me 3 drugs but my list given by the doctors included only 2 of those 3 and 3 other? Luckily I am so anal that I doubled check with them then called the doctor. I am not sure where the mix up was but it is situated and my new prescription will be in tomorrow. Seriously, I don't want another stress! If I had not checked I would have spent $1,000 on meds I don't need and I am sure they would have not taken them back.
This week I will have to be home to wait for what I have heard is a large box of meds that I must sign for. This is weird. Who knew this would be how I was spending my holidays in 2009. So, the big day of Lurpon starts on Sunday the 22nd. I have to do those shots in the morning then a week later I start my evening shots of others.

No comments: