Friday, November 20, 2009

Another hoop

I am starting to wonder if IF is more of a circus than a journey. I have been asked by a bunch of clowns, not the nice doctors and nurse more like the admin people and insurance people, to jump through a bunch of hoops. I am going to enter a ring of fire in a couple of weeks then walk on a tight rope. Instead of swallowing swords or breathing fire I will inject myself with more needles than a crack head! All of this will be for what I hope is a beautiful baby!

Today was another hoop. I called the pharmacy whom I have been reminded over and over delivers overnight. Well, yesterday when I called it was too late in the afternoon and their trucks were already out so I would have to get my delivery Saturday. I was a little nervous about that but okay their "over night" delivery was turning into a 2 day thing. So I called today as told to see what the damage was to my bank account. They didn't know yet but were expected to know in a couple of hours. Again I asked if I was still getting my package on Saturday. Of course I was because they deliver overnight. Then I call again 2 hours later to see the damage. Well, they still didn't know since it was still processing. I asked what the worst case scenario would be, which wasn't as bad as I thought. I again asked if I was still getting my package, of course since they overnight things. Okay, I am good. Then about 45 minutes later I get a call from the insurance rep from the pharmacy telling me that I still have not given my pre authorization and if I didn't get it to them in an hour their lovely overnight delivery trucks would be gone. I need the meds by Sunday morning so the water works started! I called my RE's office in tears telling them the situation. They told me to calm down, what? Are you kidding me I am a wreck. The nurse apologized and said the good thing is they deliver overnight. Well that is not so good when I will miss that and no deliveries are made on Sunday.
Luckily they keep meds in stock at the office for cases like mine. She told me she would keep working on it and to come by and pick up my meds that will last me a week. Okay, it was all settled. The only problem was that I was crying and couldn't stop. It was solved but it turned on the emotions that won't turn off. I was trying to contain myself, since I was AT WORK. Then I started thinking that I shouldn't be working because it is too stressful. I made it to the RE office and she gave me the meds and told me it is okay and we would get it all straightened out by next week.

I kind of think this week was 2 hoops that were FULL of fire. I am better now and made sure I had a yummy dinner from Chevy's since I can't eat a lot of things. I went on the treadmill, read and will now settle down for the night. I hope I do better tomorrow because Sunday is the day I start more drugs which will make me crazy and feel like crap. yikes.

No comments: