Saturday, September 27, 2008

Insurance Sucks!

I went to pick up my medication (Gonal f) thinking that everything would run smoothly, boy was I wrong. I was told that my insurance was preapproved and was ready to go. I went in and found out it wasn't and had to pay full price. This hurt my bank account. They said once everything gets fixed I will get reimbursed but after spending a long time on the phone calling the pharmacy, insurance co, and the fincial coordinator nothing has been resolved and everyone is blaming the other person.
I left the place upset, it is a lot harder to go through treatment when you have to start paying all that money for it. It makes the dissapointment of the BFN even more devasting and the anixiety of it not working is a lot worse now that it cost so fun.
I got a call from DH right after to pick up dinner and I said no I don't want McDonalds. I have been trying to work out and eat a lot better because I will be gaining weight through this procedure and I have already gained 15lbs from all the meds. He was trying to convince me which made me start to cry, again. I think he thinks I have gone crazy. I was so upset I didn't even tell him about the insurance. He got dinner and of course I ate the chicken nuggets and fries just fine.
I was afraid I was going to start my period Friday night and have to start shots Sunday but not be able to call the nurse and find out how much I am supposed to take. I called her and she wanted to know details of my period and give me details. "If there is not a heavy flow by Friday night then your day 1 isn't until Saturday which means you will start shots on Monday. You need to call Monday so I know when you actually started to schedule your 6 day appointment" Okay I can do that. Here I am Saturday night and still no AF. This is good and bad. My insurance only covers until Oct. 14th and since I still haven't started that means IUI won't be until after that. I told the financial coordinator that and she said they would only extend it til them otherwise we have to start all over, well then start over! Oh no of course she can't right now she is going on vacation. GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!
So for now I sit here on Saturday night hoping that AF will start and I can get going before insurance runs out. I am a lot better emotionally today, I think it is because I didn't have to work.

No comments: